Browser reloading every few minutes

mrjoli021

Explorer
I bought a TrueNas mini and from day 1, when I log in the browser is usable for a few minutes then reloads constantly. The error message I am getting is "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network." The browser reload and about 15 seconds later, I am able to use the system again for about another 60 seconds before it happens again. My system is connected and if I do a constant ping from my laptop to the TrueNas, I dont drop connection to the TrueNas system. I am using this for ISCI storage, so I would notice if system went offline. I have googled and there a several people experiencing the same issue, but I have not found a solution. I am using an Intel Mac running "Monteray" with Safari. This has been happening since I first got this unit at the time I was running BigSur. I just update the TrueNas to the latest update and still having the same issue.

Any suggestions?

mrjoli021

Explorer
I figured out that this is only happening on a different network than the management network. If I come from an IP on the same network as the management network, it doesn't disconnect. If I come from a different vlan this happens. Networking/routing is in place and I dont lose ping connectivity, just the web page drops connection and reconnects constantly. Also I have several other devices in the same management network as the TrueNas and I dont experience this issue.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try enabling NSUrlSession in the Safari experimental features.

Samuel Tai

What about another browser? Does Chrome act the same way? I'm inclined to suspect some stupidity with Safari, due to long experience with Safari's idiosyncratic interpretation of web standards.

Samuel Tai

mrjoli021

Explorer
It is still happening with firefox, but less frequent than in Safari. With Firefox it kicks me out about every 5-7 min whereas on Safari it is about 2-3 min.