Bridging apcupsd to TrueNAS' UPS daemon?

dbsoundman

Dabbler
Hi all, I have a good working setup with my big APC UPS that connects via USB to my PFSense firewall. The firewall runs apcupsd, which then allows me to set up apcupsd clients on my server and other devices to get the state of the UPS and shut down in stages when a power outage occurs. I would definitely like to integrate TrueNAS into all of this, but I'm not seeing much in the way of methods to connect TrueNAS' UPS service to apcupsd. Is there a method out there, or is there something else I can do in this situation?

Try installing NUT on pfSense. Then set up TrueNAS as a slave.

dbsoundman

Dabbler
Try installing NUT on pfSense. Then set up TrueNAS as a slave.
Well yeah, that would make sense now wouldn't it!
:grin:

I've been using apcupsd for... forever. I only recently came to know of NUT's existence, so that just didn't occur to me. Just need to make sure I can get NUT up and working on my XCP-ng host, but that seems to use CentOS as a base OS, so that should be doable. Time to do some research.

Adrian

Contributor
I have this in the UPS service configuration:
1614822287664.png

jcomadoll

Cadet
I am new to TrueNAS and I have to say that I love it so far. Now I take it NUT is the underlining framework for the UPS daemon in Core 12.0-U8.1, am I correct?

c77dk

Patron
I am new to TrueNAS and I have to say that I love it so far. Now I take it NUT is the underlining framework for the UPS daemon in Core 12.0-U8.1, am I correct?
NUT is the daemon :smile: