Booting problem (Mountroot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miich94

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS users,

Since Corral came out, i did upgraded it, but never touched it again since i had everything running, but since yesterday i rebooted the server for the first time again.
Now i am stuck at mountroot promp? what does this mean, i have FreeNAS installed on a ultrafit usb-stick, running Corral 10.0.0.4

Its dumb i know that im still running Corral because its canceled, but it was running good for my plugins for watching/downloading series.
Is this fixable or do i need to reinstall FreeNAS and do i lose everything?

Friendly Regards,
Miich

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Can we know the motherboard, CPU, amount of RAM, and number/config of the hard drives?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Definitely that board has, occasionally, had problems booting from USB without a large delay put in, as per that post.

I recommend trying faster ports, faster thumb drives, or a longer boot_delay setting.

miich94

Dabbler
The thumb drive is a SanDisk Ultra Fit it was reccomended to use this one, saw it in a lot of builds will try to add more to the delay tomorrow when im awake again.

miich94

Dabbler
This topic can be closed, it seems that my thumb drive is dead. So installed FreeNAS 11, and waiting for Docker will manual download every serie i can. Because i cant get the tutorial working with docker in ubuntu (god i hate linux gimme windows:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.