Boot pool permanent error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpellet

Patron
Folks,

Just got a boot pool error I've not seen before, as shown below. Did a web & forum search without resolution. System is 8GB RAM G4400 CPU with boot pool of 2 16GB USB flash drives. Only thing I've thought of is revert from 9.10.2-U1 to 9.2-10.2, delete the U2 partition, then reapply update. Any advice/suggestions on repairing? Thanks in advance.

~# zpool status -v freenas-boot
pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
corruption. Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the
entire pool from backup.
see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 1 errors on Sat Feb 4 08:52:36 2017
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
freenas-boot ONLINE 0 0 0
mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
da0p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
da1p2 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

//boot/kernel-debug/kernel
~#

m0nkey_

MVP
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 1 errors on Sat Feb 4 08:52:36 2017
Looks like the fault was repaired. If it happens again it could be one of your boot devices are failing, look at backing up your configuration and re-install onto a new pair of USB boot drives.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Looks like the fault was repaired. If it happens again it could be one of your boot devices are failing, look at backing up your configuration and re-install onto a new pair of USB boot drives.
No it wasn't. The message says applications may be affected, so ZFS couldn't fix it.

OP, reinstall FreeNAS to a new device and upload your config file (make sure your backup is up to date).

m0nkey_

MVP
No it wasn't. The message says applications may be affected, so ZFS couldn't fix it.

OP, reinstall FreeNAS to a new device and upload your config file (make sure your backup is up to date).
Oops, my bad. I should learn to read better :confused:

jlpellet

Patron
Thanks for the feedback. I changed to boot pool to a prior version, rebooted, deleted U1 pool, rebooted again then upgraded to U1. Seems that cleared the issue as 3 scrubs showed no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.