Bogus "Last Scrub Run on: " timestamp for Boot Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccy

Dabbler
Using FreeNAS-11.2-RC1, in the web GUI, in System, Boot Environments.

There's a button for "Scrub Boot Pool". Is there a way to tell if a scrub of the boot pool is still ongoing or when the current one has finished?

I think there might be, but it's an odd one... if I start a scrub of the boot pool then reload the Boot Environments page the "Last Scrub Run on: " date displays "January 1st 1970, 1:00:00 am" (which is almost, but not quite, the unix epoch... so not exactly 0, but an hour later). Some time later (presumably when the scrub has finished) the "Last Scrub Run on:" date shows the correct date/time again.

Is there a nicer way to tell if a scrub of the boot pool is still ongoing? and is displaying "January 1st 1970, 1:00:00 am" while the scrub is taking place a bug?

Screenshot of the offending date:

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 21.53.41.png

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Oy vay.

Definitely let's report this bug too.

But to answer your question, if you drop to shell, and issue
Code:
zpool status
you will see the configuration and scrub status (ongoing, or last completion) of every zpool on your system, including boot.

daccy

Dabbler
Thanks, "zpool status" seems to show the right thing, including this useful stuff:

Code:
  pool: freenas-boot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub in progress since Fri Nov  2 10:29:32 2018
		781M scanned at 130M/s, 0 issued at 0/s, 781M total
		0 repaired, 0.00% done, no estimated completion time

I suppose it would be useful if the GUI included that text "scrub in progress since nnnn" somewhere, perhaps in the "Last Scrub Run on:" section (or even instead of it).

Linkman

Patron
In your offending time picture, I'd be curious to know if the time reverted to Midnight after this weekend's DST change...

daccy

Dabbler
In your offending time picture, I'd be curious to know if the time reverted to Midnight after this weekend's DST change...

I was thinking that... and it's easy enough to wait and test again. The box is running in UTC (configured from the web GUI in System -> General -> Timezone) so if it does behave differently after the weekend that'll be interesting!

daccy

Dabbler
I tried something else with my boot pool. I detached [1] and attached one of the USB sticks, so FreeNAS had to resilver it. During resilvering the same bogus "Last Scrub Run on:" date is also shown. (I'm not surprised at that... it's probably the same piece of code rather than a separate issue.)

[1] actually, FreeNAS detached it all by itself first... it's possibly a faulty USB stick... but that's probably unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.