Issue with automatic scrub of Boot drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilson2899

Cadet
I'm having a weird issue with the automatic scrub of my boot drives, which seems to have creeped in since the upgrade to 9-10.2.

Server:
Asus B150M-A motherboard
Pentium G4400 processor
Corsair CX600 power supply
16GB RAM
2x 16GB SanDisk Flash drives for boot (setup up as mirrored)
4x3TB Seagate 3TB HDD (mirrored vdevs)

What happens is that I get an email from the server overnight showing an issue with the scrub being run on the boot drives by cron:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/midclt", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('middlewared==0.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'midclt')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 211, in main
with Client(uri=args.uri) as c:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 78, in __init__
self._ws.connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 22, in connect
self.sock.settimeout(None)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'settimeout'

If I go into the WebGUI and look, it does not show a scrub was run and thus the error looks to be real. If I run the scrub on boot from the GUI, it will successfully run and everything is happy. Coincidentally, the scrub on my normal storage pool ran just fin on 1/1, as it is setup to run on 1st/15th of the month. I tried comparing the crontab entries for each, but the only difference I saw besides the schedules, was the PATH being set for the storage pool that is a scheduled cron job:

45 3 * * * root /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 35 freenas-boot

00 02 01,15 * * root PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 10 WILSONNAS

I also noted that the cron job for the boot pool looks like it should run every day @ 3:45, but I only seem to get the error email once a week. The first one I got was on 12/27, so I ran the scrub manually and all was well. Today I got the email again, so after some search, I figured it was time to turn to the experts. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the text of that traceback and post the issue number here.

I see the same thing on my machine, also starting on 12/27. Manual scrubs of boot complete normally.

ovizii

Patron
same here:

Cron <root@freenas> /usr/local/libexec/nas/scrub -t 28 freenas-boot

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/midclt", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('middlewared==0.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'midclt')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 211, in main
with Client(uri=args.uri) as c:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 78, in __init__
self._ws.connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 22, in connect
self.sock.settimeout(None)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'settimeout'

Status
Not open for further replies.