Bhyve and CentOS 7 can't power off

PaulP

Cadet
Hi,

I thought this was fixed, but it apparently isn't (?).

I do an install of CentOS 7 (1805) as everything later seems to crash with that MokUtil bug. (Has anyone got Centos-7 1810 working in FreeNAS 11.2 bHyve? )

I'm installing on FreeNAS 11.2 Stable. Everything goes great. I install using the Centos7 GUI. I put in the Server with GUI config and everything goes fine.

Since the MokUtil bug is still there, I don't dare upgrading so I keep the excludes=shim*,mokutil* line in my /etc/yum.conf file.

I perform a 'yum update' and it works great as long as I use the '--skip-broken' due to the kernel conflict with excluding the upgrades in the line above.

Great. Everything is working like a champ. I reboot.

It works fine and reboots just great.

Then, I power off the machine and restart, it goes back to the installer.

So, I then shut it down again. Edit the VM's devices to make sure the DVD drive is at 1005 in the boot order.

It still comes up with the installer. It seems that bHyve can't find the disk/boot strap. (but it's there in the partition where I put it.)

So, I go into the installer, it finds the install and mounts it under /mnt. I try re-copying the /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grubx64.efi to /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

Same behavior.

So, what is the magic process to get this working?

Thank you!

P.

PaulP

Cadet
Next, I did something kind of crazy and totally removed the CDROM/DVD. I rebooted and everything is fine(??) so far.

PaulP

Cadet
So, it looks like everything is good. I can now use the image as my base and I've successfully cloned it and the clone boots as well.