Best way to create a watch dir with BT transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
"watch directory" is only giving me options within the jail directory, not outside of it.

Should I share one of the folders within the jail directory?

It seems that the "storage" I added to the jail for "transmission" is just a 1-way to show downloaded files within a jail directory to a dataset, which can then be shared. But I want to make a "watch directory" possible also.

Thanks in advance.

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
Anybody?

Ideally I want to have my couch potato fetches, arrive into a watch folder for transmission. But right now I can only have a watch folder within the transmission jail directory

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I have my watch directory and my download directory in the same dataset.

Just create a separate folder in your storage location that you added and add that folder to the configuration in the plugins menu.

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
I have my watch directory and my download directory in the same dataset.

Just create a separate folder in your storage location that you added and add that folder to the configuration in the plugins menu.
but that folder that you create has to reside within the tranmission jail directory which is not accessible in the download folders list in couch potato because it's within the transmission jail directory..

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Mine is not in my jail directory and it works fine. You need to add storage in the jails menu to mount your storage location and then create your watch folder to your mounted directory. Once you've done that you can add that folder to the transmission configuration in the plugins menu.

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
Mine is not in my jail directory and it works fine. You need to add storage in the jails menu to mount your storage location and then create your watch folder to your mounted directory. Once you've done that you can add that folder to the transmission configuration in the plugins menu.
ok cool so I got the watch directory working fine now, only problem is for some reason the download directory didn't stick and the test download has been put in this default jail directory:
"/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/download/"

now I've made a windows share from this directory, but for the life of me I'm unable to change the privileges to allow me to move the download out of that directory and into another (cut/paste), it won't let me modify the directory, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Sounds like you didn't set your downloads directory in the transmission configuration. Do the same thing for your downloads directory that you did for your watch directory. Your storage should already be mounted so just create the folder for your downloads and add it to the transmission configuration in the plugins menu.

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
Sounds like you didn't set your downloads directory in the transmission configuration. Do the same thing for your downloads directory that you did for your watch directory. Your storage should already be mounted so just create the folder for your downloads and add it to the transmission configuration in the plugins menu.
done, thank you for your clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.