Best options for the drives that I have

Hi all,
I currently have a ReadyNAS with four 3TB drives. I have an additional 8 2TB drives that I can use for my TrueNAS server. I also have 2 4TB drives that I use to back up the ReadyNAS. These drives are all more-or-less acceptable for RAID use (at least by my standards ;-)

Some concerns:
* The 3TB drives are currently occupied on the ReadyNAS. Once the TrueNAS is up and running and the data copied over, I could move them and sliver them in one at a time.
* I want to run the TrueNAS at RAID RAIDZ2 to give me decent hardware redundancy (see my comment on the drives above ;-)
* I'd like to keep a drive or two around that I swap periodically for backups (currently the 4TB drives)
* I think I'd like to keep the number of drives to a minimum to reduce heat and power consumption
* I currently need around 5TB of usable data
* This is a home server for my wife and me, but we have a lot of photographs
* I want to run a database (presumably in a jail)
* I think I want to run Plex server (in a jail)

I have plenty of SATA ports available and I have enough hot-swap slots to add up to 8 drives total (4 used in the current pool)
What would you recommend to be the optimal configuration of drives?

TrueNAS CORE
Platform: Generic

Version:
TrueNAS-12.0-U8

16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor
8 threads

sretalla