Resource icon

Beginners guide to keeping your Plex metadata on a separate Dataset.

CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet submitted a new resource:

How to keep your Plex metadata on a serparate Dataset. - Make upgrading, migrating, and reinstalling Plex a lot easier, quicker and safer.

WARNING!!!... I've got to go and grab dinner, so I'm leaving this un=proof read.

So... why would you want to house your Plex metadata / config on it's own Dataset?

The simple answer is that it makes managing your Plex Jail or Plugin much less of a hassle. For example, lets say that your Plex Jail, be it one that you have manually created or one that was created when you installed the Plex Plugin, stops working for some reason. You try to trouble shoot it but you...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: T_T

testcrash

Cadet
I read this through a few times and tried to follow the instructions and I'm lost. I can't copy the files to the new dataset. I keep getting no such file or directory. I looked under Plugins/Mount Points and copied fist the source and it didn't work, tried destination and same message. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
The source is /mnt/EX495/Media
Destination /mnt/EX495/iocage/jails/Plex/root/media

I read this through a few times and tried to follow the instructions and I'm lost. I can't copy the files to the new dataset. I keep getting no such file or directory. I looked under Plugins/Mount Points and copied fist the source and it didn't work, tried destination and same message. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
The source is /mnt/EX495/Media
Destination /mnt/EX495/iocage/jails/Plex/root/media

Hi Testcrash, sorry for the slow reply but I've been busy the last few weeks and my email notification for replies to this thread look like it didn't work.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do to be honest. Your source path ends with "Media" leading me to believe you're trying to do something related to the video files you want to access using Plex(?), which my (old) resource does not address. My resource is specifically and only for housing the "Plex Media Server" folder where Plex stores it's configeration and database files on a dataset. If you still need help doing that, then I'd be happy to help.