SOLVED Bastille template for Caddy

I've been asked by one of the Caddy developers to see if I can help out and create a Bastille template for Caddy. From what I've read, Bastille is a jail/container manager for FreeBSD much like iocage. I'm aware that @Tigersharke has some familiarity with Bastille.

I've outlined an approach I think will work, but I'd like some input from the community before I start looking at this in earnest.
  1. Install Caddy in a jail.
  2. Install Bastille in TrueNAS.
  3. Create a Bastille template of the Caddy jail.
Does this approach look reasonable? I understand that installing packages within the TrueNAS OS is generally frowned upon, but I don't think I have a choice here with Bastille, which I suspect has to reside outside the Caddy jail. Could it be in its own jail I wonder? If it has to be in the OS, is there a problem running it alongside iocage? I do have a CORE server that I use for testing that I could install Bastille in the OS if I had to.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Yes I have *some* but unfortunately not enough to attempt a template. I would recommend looking at the bastille tutorials or youtube videos and similar. I wish I could help but I really have not used bastille enough to do such a thing, and my use of it is already more than six months ago. :/

Last edited: