SOLVED A puzzling pkg problem

Consider the following jails that are the same patch level:

tn9.jpg

Entering the first jail, I'm looking for a specific package (Caddy):

Code:
root@truenas-l:/ # iocage console nextcloud
root@nextcloud:~ # pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
root@nextcloud:~ # pkg search caddy
caddy-2.3.0_1                  Fast, cross-platform HTTP/2 web server with automatic HTTPS
root@nextcloud:~ # exit
logout
root@truenas-l:/ #

Entering the second jail, I do the same thing:
Code:
root@truenas-l:/ # iocage console plex
root@plex:~ # pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
root@plex:~ # pkg search caddy
caddy-2.4.1                    Fast, cross-platform HTTP/2 web server with automatic HTTPS
root@plex:~ # exit
logout
root@truenas-l:/ #

When I check Caddy on FreshPorts, I see the following:

tn10.jpg

it appears that the quarterly release of Caddy is available in the first jail, whereas the latest release is available in the second jail. Any ideas on what I have to do in the first jail to make the latest version of Caddy available?

Last edited:

sretalla