Can't update pkg in Iocage

richiie89

Cadet
Did you do this in a jail, or in the base system? If you did it in the base system, you've likely badly broken things. In a jail, you shouldn't have needed to mess with the configuration files at all.
i did this in the base system. Thank you sincerly for your message, what do you recommend me to do or what am i supposed to do in order to resolve?

Whattteva

Wizard
i did this in the base system. Thank you sincerly for your message, what do you recommend me to do or what am i supposed to do in order to resolve?
Wow, I'm surprised CORE doesn't prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot like this.

To OP: Don't just blindly run commands you found online unless you absolutely know what you're doing. You're not supposed to mutate the base system.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Wow, I'm surprised CORE doesn't prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot like this.
It does (or at least tries to), but brute force and ignorance will find a way.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Export your configuration, reinstall system, import configuration. Then install your desired packages inside a jail as you were advised multiple times. If you are unsure if you are doing the right thing, ask first.

Last edited: