auto-import places zvol at /mnt/mnt/zvol instead of /mnt/zvol

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyman

Dabbler
Which wouldn't be annoying except the error checking in the GUI won't let me use /mnt/mnt/zvol/filename*** as a file extent mount point in iSCSI.... So my data is there, just not reachable through the GUI...

add file extent double mnt (2).jpg

How we got here... Just updated to 8.2 and reloaded my configuration from an earlier export and my volume gets mounted in the wrong place. I'd get aggressive, but I've got 5 TB of data there and I'd hate to slip in my noobish enthusiasm...

I have tried:
mkdir /mnt/volmount
zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/volmount zvol

and I get an error that it can't set the mountpoint because it's out of space.

appreciate a clue or two...
thanks...

skyman

Dabbler
In the end it was an easy fix, just not a n00b obvious one... (at least not to this n00b)

The problem is the zvol had an altroot set for /mnt and in the GUI auto-import process it puts the zvol at /mnt... so you get /mnt/mnt

Now this wouldn't be so big of an issue (I think) if the GUI's error checking didn't flag this as an error for selecting files for an iSCSI file extent despite being able to navigate to the location in the GUI.

SO in the end I had to go to the shell and do:

zpool export zvol
zpool import -R / zvol

That mounted the zvol at /, the altroot of /mnt kicked in and so it ended up where the GUI expected to be: /mnt/zvol
At that point, I could go back to the GUI and point the extent at the existing file. Then I configured the rest of the target settings and bada-boom, bada-bing... back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.