Attempt to connect to netlogon share failed with error

Dear All,

While having recently upgraded to TrueNAS Core 12.0, I am connected to Active Directory for a long time by now. My domain controllers are a mix of 2 x Windows Server 2016 an 2 x Samba Version 4.9.5-Debian. I have had many ups and downs with this of course, but generally things do work.

Currently, things keep working, but I get the following error multiple times per hour:

Attempt to connect to netlogon share failed with error: (3221225867, 'The SAM database on the Windows Server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.)

Can someone please point me to what the error means? I am uncertain about which machine is not trusted, how to identify it by name and what the number 3221225867 means.

Searching for this does lead to lot of vague information mostly from a Windows perspective. It does not clear up what 3221225867 and how to identify the workstation in trouble - unless it is the TrueNAS server, for which I can see a computer account in the AD, without knowing if it has issues.

Thanks!

Michael Schefczyk

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Dear All,

While having recently upgraded to TrueNAS Core 12.0, I am connected to Active Directory for a long time by now. My domain controllers are a mix of 2 x Windows Server 2016 an 2 x Samba Version 4.9.5-Debian. I have had many ups and downs with this of course, but generally things do work.

Currently, things keep working, but I get the following error multiple times per hour:

Attempt to connect to netlogon share failed with error: (3221225867, 'The SAM database on the Windows Server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.)

Can someone please point me to what the error means? I am uncertain about which machine is not trusted, how to identify it by name and what the number 3221225867 means.

Searching for this does lead to lot of vague information mostly from a Windows perspective. It does not clear up what 3221225867 and how to identify the workstation in trouble - unless it is the TrueNAS server, for which I can see a computer account in the AD, without knowing if it has issues.

Thanks!

Michael Schefczyk
One of your DCs does not have an account for our server. You can find the offending server by running command:
"midclt call activedirectory.conn_check null <fqdn of DC>"

Eds89

Contributor
Was this the answer for the OP?
I have also recently upgraded to TrueNAS 12.0, and I get this message but generally only about one a week? It seems to auto clear after about 10 minutes.