Apps stuck in deploying after bluefin upgrade

Sorongo

Cadet
Same issue. The only way to make the apps working again is by disabling Host path safety checks or uninstalling reinstalling reconfigure all your apps.
If someone want to replicate the issue install truenas scale angelfish>install Plex from official >Map some folders SMB's >update to bluefin and now Plex app will be deploying forever unless you uncheck Host path safety check

mail.fido

Cadet
t happened to me earlier this week. The fix is relatively easy, first check your BIOS clock is set to UTC time.
Then in the TrueNAS Scale GUI go to the System Settings/General/NTP Servers and Add "us,pool.ntp.org" the settings should be Burst/false, iBurst/true, Prefer/true, Min Poll/6, Max Poll/10.
Check/set your time in the Localization section to UTC as well to match your BIOS.
Restart your server and it should start populating the standard apps or you can go to Apps, select Available apps and them the Refresh button.

I understand you're facing issues with apps stuck in deploying after a Bluefin upgrade on your FreeNAS system. Despite trying various fixes like resetting the pool, disabling host path validation, and consulting forum solutions, the issue persists.

To diagnose the problem effectively, I'd need more information:

1. Error messages: Are there any specific error messages logged during the deployment process? These can provide valuable clues about the bottleneck.
  2. Logs and system resources: Have you checked system logs like FreeNAS logs or application logs for any relevant entries during deployment attempts? Examining CPU, memory, and disk I/O utilization during deployment might reveal resource constraints.
  3. Specific application details: Which applications are getting stuck during deployment? Knowing the applications and their deployment methods (e.g., plugins, jails) can help narrow down the cause.