Apps stuck in deploying after bluefin upgrade

nadinio

Dabbler
So I have tried the update to bluefin a few times now and have been having the issue where apps are stuck in deploying state. I've tried unsetting and resetting the pool, removing the host path validation checks and various other fixes that I have look into on these forms with no success.

Here are my hardware specs:

Motherboard is a Supermicro X9DRi-F
2x Xeon E5-2697
128GB ECC memory
Quadro P2000
LSI 9211-8i HBA
2x 128GB SSDs mirrored for boot

My storage pool is made up of:
vdev1
8x 4TB Ironwolf Pros in raidz2
vdev2
8x 8TB Ironwolf Pros in raidz2

Last edited:

LarsR

Guru
Are you using the same path for a smb share and hostpath for app storage?
iX has implemented a hostpath validation which prevents apps from starting if the same path is used for a smb share and hostpath.
You can disable that check but that could lead to permission issues.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
How many Apps?
How long did you wait?

Thanks please report the bug...capture any logs and a debug if you can.

Volkodav

Dabbler
I have the same issue but after I had disabled hostpath validation all apps (smb related) started fine. I wonder how bad this hack may be and what kind of problems it may cause in the future? Is there a solution so far to have it with hostpath enabled? I found one in this thread. Seems like a valid solution to me unless there is a better one.

LarsR

Guru
I have all my Apps with the validation enabled. Just create a child Dataset, Copy your Data inside and use that for the hostpath and the Patent Dataset for the smb Share. The Apps User needs permissions on both datasets

Volkodav

Dabbler
I have all my Apps with the validation enabled. Just create a child Dataset, Copy your Data inside and use that for the hostpath and the Patent Dataset for the smb Share. The Apps User needs permissions on both datasets
Same solution as in the thread I referred to. Thanks for your help. Will do that

cabro

Cadet
Is having the Hostpath Validation enabled only an issue for apps or is it also an issue for VM's running in TrueNAS Scale?

Currently having permissions issues with it enabled (as exepted) so i'm either looking to go the child dataset route or just moving the app I have (Jellyfin) to my Windows VM instead of running it as an app if that will solve my issue?

Volkodav

Dabbler
How do I go about copying the data? Just with mv or cp command? Also that will take up additional space on the hard drives. Not that it is an issue - it is only about 2 Gb in my case but still some people may have much more. Is there another solution?

LarsR

Guru
I had 2.7 TB that i just moved via browser. Truenas supports server side copy so it took me like 20 seconds to move that much.

Volkodav

Dabbler
I had 2.7 TB that i just moved via browser. Truenas supports server side copy so it took me like 20 seconds to move that much.
When you are saying via browser you mean TrueNas Gui? server side copy ?

LarsR

Guru
I mean via windows explorer.
And server side copy means that if the Data is already on the nas it wont traverse your network and every operation is executed on the nas, which drastically increases the speed of the copy/move

Volkodav

Dabbler
And server side copy means that if the Data is already on the nas it wont traverse your network and every operation is executed on the nas, which drastically increases the speed of the copy/move
That obviously needs to be in samba share otherwise you won't see it in explorer right?

Volkodav

Dabbler
So I did that with my nextcloud not in explorer but copied the directory recursively in cli and now I turned on Hostpath Validation back to no avail.

Volkodav

Dabbler
I am getting this error when clicking on a child dataset: middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to get group quota for Raptor/Nextcloud/nextcloud-samba: [cannot get used/quota for Raptor/Nextcloud/nextcloud-samba: dataset is busy

Attachments

• Samba.png
    Samba.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 244

Belperite

Dabbler
Sadly this no longer works as of 22.12.1.

routeswitch

Cadet
I'm having this exact issue, every time I try and update, kubernetes will not start and my apps will not load. This is the error I get. I'm on a Dell Poweredge R730 with a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz and 48gb ECC ddr4 ram

1680306875577.png

Sorongo

Cadet
Same issue. Royal PITA. The only way to make the apps working again is by disabling Host path safety checks or uninstalling reinstalling reconfigure all your apps.
If someone want to replicate the issue install truenas scale angelfish>install Plex from official >Map some folders SMB's >update to bluefin and now Plex app will be deploying forever unless you uncheck Host path safety check