SOLVED Apps not reachable from internet

Amedeo58

Dabbler
I'm about to give up... I can't access the apps I tried to install on Truenas Scale (23.10.2). Let me start by saying that I am a complete beginner. Despite all the difficulties I mounted the NAS. Based on data security suggestions, I created a pool with two ZFS2 vdevs of 6 disks also to have a higher transfer speed than that of a single vdev. I created the datasets, I set (with much difficulty) the permissions. Everything is fine, the system works perfectly on LAN! It was time to go online to give my son and some friends access to my data. This is where the real difficulties began. I really had no idea it was so difficult. It's like having a beautiful Ferrari in an assembly kit with instructions that can only be read by engineers with different types of degrees!!! In any case, as usual, I started researching the different necessary topics and looking for video guides. In the end I understood that it would be necessary or at least suggested to buy a domain, install cloudflareDDNS, traefic and then try to install some apps to test how it works. And in fact I purchased a domain (.ovh), I set up cloudflareDDNS which seems to work perfectly, I installed traefic and then a test app (transmission). I then redirected ports 80 and 443 to 81 and 444 on the router. The problem is this: whether I try to access Traefic (https://traefic.mydomain:9000/dashboard/) or whether I try to access transmission (https://transmission.mydomain.ovh) it always opens and only the truenas webgui. Where am I wrong? Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• Cloudflare.pdf
    143.1 KB · Views: 24

LarsR

Guru
1. Problem your dont have to redirect port 80 and 443 to 881 and 444. you have to switch the ports fo the truenas gui so the gui doesn't use 80 and 443 because those ports are needed by traefik. then you have to foward port 80 and 443 to the ip of your truenas box as discribed in the truecharts traefik guide here https://truecharts.org/charts/premium/traefik/how-to/

Amedeo58

Dabbler
Avevo già apportato la modifica alle impostazioni di sistema/generali/gui web. Non penso che sia questo il problema. Non è corretto eseguire il port forwarding come ho fatto io? senza questo non posso accedere al webgui truenas da internet.

LarsR

Guru
If you've changed the webgui port from truenas you can access the gui via "ipofyourtruneas:81" instead of 80. There's no need to portforward port 80 to 81 in your router.
(I used google translate to translate your last post)

Amedeo58

Dabbler
Ho provato a eliminare il reindirizzamento della porta e ha funzionato. Sono riuscito ad accedere alla trasmissione dal web!!! Altro problema: dopo circa 20 minuti non funzionava più (errore 404). Ho guardato ovunque e sembrava tutto a posto! Per farla breve, vado sul sito web di cloudflare e scopro che la sua pagina di informazioni dice "Investigazione in corso - Cloudflare sta indagando sui problemi con Cloudflare Dashboard e le relative API.
I clienti che utilizzano le API Dashboard/Cloudflare sono interessati poiché le richieste potrebbero fallire e/o potrebbero essere visualizzati errori.". Che incredibile coincidenza. Vogliono farmi impazzire??? Grazie comunque per la tua semplice spiegazione. Ero sicuro di aver fatto un errore. Ma vorresti spiegarmi meglio come accedere alla web gui di truenas? What is ipofyourtruneas:81?

LarsR

Guru
You're writing in the English section of the forum, please post your answers/questions in English, its rather cumbersome to translate your posts.
with "ipofyourtrunas" i mean the ip you gave your truneas box. For me its 192.168.2.3 and i can access the webui with 192.168.2.3:81 instead of 192.168.2.3:80.
The other problem seems to be related to cloudflare...

chuck32

Guru
Aside from the language barrier, so I don't get your last two responses, take a word of advice: if this has been a struggle so far to setup - take some time to familiarize yourself with everything and look into VPN solutions, preferably something easily manageable (maybe Tailscale). Do not expose ports 80 and 443 if you do not know what you are doing.

LarsR

Guru
As far as i can tell he's using traefik as reverse proxy and ingress on truecharts apps, but he either cut short some of the tutorials/guides or misunderstood them.

Amedeo58

Dabbler
Sorry, by mistake my last posts came out in Italian even though I had translated them into English (I don't know why). Thank you all for the valuable suggestions. You learn by making mistakes, and as they say, an expert is someone who from experience has done everything wrong that could be done wrong in his field of interest!!! :) It is certain that I will delve into many aspects of the functioning of the web, the functioning of proxies, the reverse proxy, ddns, kubernetes, containers and so on. In the meantime, however, I also have to do some practical tests!!! It's not easy. I repeat, for me truenas is like a Ferrari in a kit with vague assembly instructions to look for and understand for those who have no idea where to start!! With this, I think I can close this post. My initial question got the answer I was looking for. Thank you all