Application - Community or Virtual Machine

gwaitsi

Patron
So, I bit the bullet and upgraded from Core to Scale. Everything seems to have gone OK, save for a coupe of minor things and the fact, i am still trying to solve the mess in the permissions (which existed before migration).

I had the Zone Minder Plugin and had a custom IOCage with WeeWX in Core.

How do I get these in Scale? There are dockers (for both) - although I believe Zone Minder may have come to a stand still.

Should I create a virtual machine to install them, or can I use a docker (and how)?

indivision

Guru
Zone Minder is available through TrueCharts: https://truecharts.org/

WeeWX is not currently available as an app. But, you could put a request in with TrueCharts for it. In the meantime, I believe you can use either VM or Docker. (I haven't tried either of those myself yet).

gwaitsi

Patron
I have a supermicro X11SCL-FI motherboard with an Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2234, I added
TRUECHARTS mainstable more_vert

In the catalogs dropdown, I see Official and Truecharts twice.
When I try to refresh, once the truecharts hit 50% my CPU hit 100deg and start squealing. It does eventually get through, but there is no Zone Minder

indivision

Guru
I have a supermicro X11SCL-FI motherboard with an Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2234, I added
TRUECHARTS mainstablemore_vert

In the catalogs dropdown, I see Official and Truecharts twice.
When I try to refresh, once the truecharts hit 50% my CPU hit 100deg and start squealing. It does eventually get through, but there is no Zone Minder
Catalogs "drop-down"? I don't see anywhere that they are listed in a drop-down...

Are they at least only listed once in the "Manage Catalogs" section?

In that section, "Edit" the truecharts one and make sure that "Incubator" is selected in the Preferred Trains field. Then refresh. Zone Minder should appear then.

NugentS

MVP
zoneminder is available through TC but:
1. Its very old
2. Its not being maintained (the upstream container)
3. Its an incubator app, so not really supported anyway - more of a test app.

My advice - use a VM. Just be wary of VM's atm as last time I tested when TN is rebooted (planned) the VM's are just dropped rather than shutdown in a tidy manner. Use with caution

Last edited:

gwaitsi

Patron
i have a real problem with the catalog. Even when a restart the box, the truecharts catalog wants to resync and sends my system into overdrive with at least 2 CPU reaching 100degC

I keep getting below errors

Processor #0x01 Deasserted Throttled ().

Processor #0x01 Asserted Throttled ().

NugentS

MVP
the truecharts resync process is quite a long process - but it shouldn't dump all over the CPU's like that. I can only think you have a more fundamental problem, insufficient cooling of the CPU's which you may have got away with before if you never thrashed the CPU's.

Unfortunately as you have no hardware we cannot offer further advice - you should post your hardware setup as per forum rules.

Actually, apologies - "I have a supermicro X11SCL-FI motherboard with an Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2234"

We need a lot more than that - see my sig below for an example.

gwaitsi

Patron
zoneminder is available through TC but:
1. Its very old
2. Its not being maintained (the upstream container)
3. Its an incubator app, so not really supported anyway - more of a test app.

My advice - use a VM. Just be wary of VM's atm as last time I tested when TN is rebooted (planned) the VM's are just dropped rather than shutdown in a tidy manner. Use with caution
i got zoneminder up, thanks.