Anyone know if 2308 on X10SL7-F-O can do dual link with RES2SV360

Status
Not open for further replies.

southwow

Contributor
I'm still waiting on reverse breakout cables for the 2308 in IT mode on my x10 board. I ordered two thinking I could do dual link, but I haven't been able to find any info. In the interim, I have a trusty m1015 in place.

I'm currently replacing some aging drives (2 entire 3-drive vdevs) as a proactive measure and reslivering is much slower than before with a single link on the backplane. I've been afraid to plug the second m1015 link in, so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I have to say, regardless of the cable mess with the TQ backplane (which isn't a mess at all), that this is a NICE solution. I'm using an 846 chassis with the 2 2.5" drive expansion at the rear for my FreeNAS mirror. So, potential for 28 drives total (24 front, 2 rear, 2 in 3.5 bracket on PDU)

I could've used several HBA's or cross-flashed LSI controllers, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and allow for maximum airflow and ease of maintenance.

southwow

Contributor
Sorry, I meant reslivering is going slower with single link on expander than it was with 8087 breakout cables directly off of 1015 and sata cables directly from 2308.

southwow

Contributor
Thanks @Johnnie Black,

Cables arrived last night, went without a hitch. I reslivered a drive in 2/3 the time last night, so there is a definite speed improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.