AMD Fusion E350 Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodscrap

Cadet
Can anyone tell me if this board is supported? Its a Sapphire AMD Pure Fusion E350 Mini ITX, SODIMM, SATA3, USB3, Marvell Gigabit

I ask because Ive downloaded version 7 and its not getting an IP address even though it runs. I cant get an IP address so I dont know if anything else works or not. But there doesnt seem to be any errors.

I went with Version 7 because 8 doesnt have what I want yet. So I would like to know if I can get version 7 or 8 working with this board.

joeschmuck

Old Man
By default DHCP is enabled when installing FreeNAS so make sure you have a DHCP setup. If not you will have to set the IP Address as static. If this doesn't work, are you sure the network port is working?

EDIT: Just to clarify, you would need to have DHCP on your network router for the default setup to work.

Bloodscrap

Cadet
Thanks guys for the replies, yes I do think it is the driver for the network :( i do know about networking and I do have DHCP setup and working on all of the other PCs so I know that is not the problem but thankyou for pointing that out. :) You never know how experienced or inexperienced a person maybe when they post on a forum. I will take a look at the page you have posted and see if I have any luck with it. If I have any luck Ill let you know and tell you how to get it working :) Will version 8 be any better with regards to the network driver support? I could always stick windows 2008 server on the system until version 8 becomes more feature rich if that is going to be the case.

B

Bohs Hansen

Thanks guys for the replies, yes I do think it is the driver for the network :( i do know about networking and I do have DHCP setup and working on all of the other PCs so I know that is not the problem but thankyou for pointing that out. :) You never know how experienced or inexperienced a person maybe when they post on a forum. I will take a look at the page you have posted and see if I have any luck with it. If I have any luck Ill let you know and tell you how to get it working :) Will version 8 be any better with regards to the network driver support? I could always stick windows 2008 server on the system until version 8 becomes more feature rich if that is going to be the case.

version 8 has the driver, no problem there (atleast the betas have, and right now those should be used).

In regards to 2008, i did the same a couple of days ago. I needed something that just works for now, was desperately out of space on my old solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.