SOLVED Amazon-echo-ha-bridge running in jail. UDP port can't be found on local network

Status
Not open for further replies.

project_x

Cadet
Hi all,

I recently switched from WHS 2011 to Freenas and have been very satisifed with the system and general ease of use.
One of the things I had running on my WHS server was a JVM running armzilla's Amazon echo bridge, where is functioned with out issue. Initially I migrated it to an RPi, but decided to setup a jvm in a jail and run it on my FreeNas server.

I created a jail called automation and attached some storage to from my pool1
I installed openjdk8
I copied the amazon-echo-bridge-0.2.1.jar

and ran it using
Code:
jexec automation java -jar -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true /usr/local/ECHO/echo.jar -upnp.config.address=192.168.1.45

the code ran and I was able to access the Tomcat server at 192.168.1.45:8080 to configure the devices..

so far so good.

I said "Alexa, discover devices", where she searches the network for Philips hue bridges and ask for devices....
but she didn't find anything (this worked with both in the last few days with a JVM on WHS and RPis..)

I suspected that the UDP port was blocked somehow

I've tried with NFS service is turned on/off with serve UDP checked and unchecked (all four combinations)

if I run sockstat -l4 on the jail I get
Code:
USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
root     java       21355 27 tcp4   *:8080                *:*
root     java       21355 32 udp4   *:50000               *:*
root     java       21355 33 udp4   *:1900                *:*
root     syslogd    6673  7  udp4   *:514                 *:*

I've tried to search for the "device" manually from other pc's on my network and the TCP port can be found, but the UDP ports don't seem to respond.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

project_x

Cadet
Not yet, I took some time away from it. Will try again today or tomorrow. My feeling, is it is something simple I had just overlooked

project_x

Cadet
I just can't seem to get to the bottom of this....can anyone point me in a direction to try something else?

project_x

Cadet
I managed to solve the issue, I think by changing the Upnplistening port to 50099 instead of the default 50000 got it going

Status
Not open for further replies.