All SSD Freeanas

Tom Stevens

Cadet
I can see a few post regarding this but their doesn't appear to be any updates for a year or so.

Its also been about 2 years since i have had a real look at Freenas so i am a bit rusty.

I'm looking at setting up 1-2 All Flash/SSD Freenas SAN, At the moment this is a just a Thought Experiment/Idea i am having but may going into a production Environment.

The Production Environment would be used to run Windows 10 VDI's, Citirx and TS Servers.

I'm Thinking of using 2 identical (Or Near as Possible) systems. (CPU's Might be slightly Different between the systems ( 2x E5-2640 in one and 2x E5-2609 in the other or they will both have the same Oct Core CPU's)

Each System will have either a 2 hex or Oct Cores, 128GB ECC Memory 2x 120 GB SSD for Boot Drives and 22 2 TB SSD Setup as 3 vdev's Each with 7 Disks Raidz2 in each and a Online Spare This will give us APPX 27 TB of usable space per system.
3x LSI2308? HBA Cards

2x Dual port 10GB SFP for Running ISCSI

Each server will run 2, 4, 6 zvols presented to Hyper V Hosts to run the VDI's and we will be using Hyper V Rep or ZFS Replication to Replicate to Each System.

Each system will effected have Appx 10TB of Usable Storage and up to 10TB of Replicated Storage

So in the event one system fail we have all the data on the other one and should have access up within a few minutes or so

From Memory we will need to disable Sync on the Pool as ISCSI doesn't use it,

We will still need a ZIL and L2ARC Cache?

is 128GB of Ram Enough?

Is they a better way of doing this?