All files on CIFS not showing afther update to v.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike77

Contributor
Hi,

For some reason almost all my files aren't showing in my windows explorer since I updated to V.11
The only file that shows is the .json file.

While I was reinstalling Plex (because it didn't work anymore afther the upgrade) I found the share that isn't showing the files is in duplicate when choosing your media folder. One version in capital letters, and the other in small letters. But that's in the dropdown menu.

Can anyone help me with this ?

[EDIT] Files are back since I unchecked "Host name lookups", et server maximum protocol to "smb 2" and unchecked "NTLMv1 auth". But why ?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

The bump in Samba version deprecated NTLMv1 (try doing a forum search for NTLMv1).

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Ntlm 1 auth is dead don't use it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mike77

Contributor
Guys thanks,

In the last couple of days a lot of people told me that NTLMv1 is dead. But does this mean that I can see my files again because I unchecked the box NTLMv1 ?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You would fail to auth if you tried to use it. So you could not access your files.

Last edited:

Mike77

Contributor
You would fail to auth it you tried to use it. So you could not access your files.

Not really understanding your sentence. But it might be that my English if failing me :smile:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
In the last couple of days a lot of people told me that NTLMv1 is dead. But does this mean that I can see my files again because I unchecked the box NTLMv1 ?
How were you accessing them? What client, rather?

Mike77

Contributor
Windows desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.