After updating to FreeNAS 11.0 Stable, can't open the service menu [Control Services]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the same issue this is a fresh build of FN11-U1 and everything seems to work and load except Control Services it just continues to say loading

tried IE11, Firefox, Chrome, Safari all do the same

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
For everyone that keeps having this issue you should try providing some more info and file a bug. If you don't care just reinstall to a new boot media and upload your config.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mihalich

Patron
Kaspersky endpoint security 10 blocked access in my case.

hexadecagram

Dabbler
I've found the problem (on my end at least). I have a transparent proxy (squid) running on my firewall (pfSense). I needed to check "Do not forward traffic to Private Address Space (RFC 1918) destinations." Once I did, it works fine.

The problem is that the UI makes browser-side connections to ws://your-freenas-fqdn/websocket. And if those connections go through a proxy, it doesn't work for some reason. My guess would be that websocket doesn't talk HTTP.

(edit: Turns out that websockets do talk HTTP, but any proxy that they traverse must support websockets. I haven't verified yet, but it seems that Squid 3.5.26 does not, though I haven't yet ruled out that squidclamav could be affecting.)

If you aren't running a proxy, it is probably something else interfering with those connections. Some sort of security filter, most likely.

As a first step in debugging, try opening the interface in Chrome / Firefox, hit F12, select the Network tab, refresh the page, and have a look at the Request / Response headers for the websocket connections.

Last edited:

Mihalich

Patron
FreeNAS-11.0-U2
all work fine after the upgrade

ecunningham

Cadet
Not sure if this is relevant to anyone else but once I installed a certificate and enabled https logins, my Control Services tab has been working fine. I'm running FreeNAS-11-STABLE
FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)

jclendineng

Explorer
Not sure if this is relevant to anyone else but once I installed a certificate and enabled https logins, my Control Services tab has been working fine. I'm running FreeNAS-11-STABLE
FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)
Did some testing and youre right! I have a gateway handing out SSL to all my sites, including freenas server. The services page will not load unless the cert is created BY freenas, I am handing off the ssl to an apache reverse proxy, so in my case nas.domain.com is configured on my gateway, ssl enabled, and freenas machine is behind that. Works great with all my other servers but freenas has content that does not like it.

NgM Dat

Dabbler
I update my FreeNAS box to FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b).
No thing change about this issue.
It mean I can not open "Control Serveces" from client (IE, FireFox, Chrome) at the orther IP segement to FreeNAS box as first time reporting this issue.

ecunningham, can you show me known your environment.

ecunningham

Cadet
NgM Dat, Not sure what you mean by "show me known your environment" Under system -> Certificates, I created a Certificate Signing Request, submitted it to Digicert where I purchase my certificates from, and uploaded the private key they gave me into the CSR. I then went into System -> General, selected HTTPS for protocol and selected the Certificate I just installed. I have HTTP->HTTPS Redirect on. I reloaded the gui using the new URL and from that point the Services -> Control Services has loaded without fail. It would not load at all prior to this.

Not sure if that's what you're after but that's about all I know. I'm still very new to FreeNAS myself but will try to answer anything I can.

Thanks,

-eric

Status
Not open for further replies.