AFP stuck error 43 when copying files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using FreeNAS FreeNAS-9,10-MASTER-201609010433 (a3edaeb) with only 1 datashet created and set to MAC, but when copying files'm always getting the same error and I can not copy more files to share

nojohnny101

Wizard
it is likely a permissions issue.
Do you have any users setup?
What did you set as that user-owner and group-owner for the dataset you are trying to access?
What were the default permissions applied when you created the dataset?

I'm assuming you are mounting directly in finder by typing in "afp://IP.Address.here"?

thanks for listening
accurate I am connecting to AFP as follows afp://iP connect_AFP.png

I created 1 User with the name of afp_user and 1 group with the name of afp_group user_group.png

set User and group with afp_user afp_group default_permission.png

my dataset set to MAC dataset.png

i connect using afp_user and password user_pass.png

But the start copy folder and file sharing to get the error 43 or error 1407
error_1407.png Captura de Tela 2016-09-02 às 14.41.09.png

some explanations
only the AFP service is active .
I do not have any datashet created this only

Last edited:

nojohnny101

Wizard
ok you're setting look mostly correct.

Once you put in your IP address and then your login name and password, it connects to "AFP" correct?

Also error 43 can be caused by invalid characters in filenames. ensure you have no trailing spaces or otherwise unrecognized characters.

correct I connect by AFP, after login.
I do not know if the problem is wrong characters, because if I do I copy the same files over CIFS, will normally.
the problem is that this scenario is not the production.
In production by connecting the MAC for CIFS have another problem.
so I would like to Clerk AFP correctly, the time of reading and writing are great for AFP, but i can not resolve this error 43

nojohnny101

Wizard
hmm that's strange because I see almost identical performance on CIFS and AFP.

I really don't know what to tell you. It is likely a problem with finder. Could you possibly translate those error messages into english?

of course, the translated message of error 1407

Could not complete the operation because there was hum Unexpected error (Error code - 1407)

error 43

was not possible to complete the operation because one or more required items were not found ( Error Code -43 )

nojohnny101

Wizard
so from my research 1407 error has to do with trash problems and deleting things. do you get error 1407 constantly when you are trying to delete something?

It sounds like you might have some permissions issues. can you go into the CLI and navigate to the directory mnt/SHARED/ and then run "ls -la"

please post output here in code tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.