Problems copying files via SMB from Linux Mint

DD4711

Contributor
Hello,

I'm using SMB for network file access but do have massive problems with copying data from FreeNAS over SMB from my Linux Mint.

My system setup:
  • FreeNAS Storage encrypted
  • no special SMB Service settings (SMB v1 not active)
  • Client PC is a Linux Mint
  • fstab entry: //fserver_name/share_name /.../share_name cifs credentials=/.../.cred,uid=1026,gid=1000,vers=3.0 0 0

When trying to copy files from a FreeNAS share to a FreeNAS share or to my Mint PC the copy task stops sometimes nearly immediately. The copy window shows e.g. "copying 1 of 20 files" but nothing happens, sometimes one or more files are copied, mostly it stops after first file. Nothing happens after that. I need to stop nemo process on my Mint to exit this copy job.

When it stops on a specific amount of data it stops always I try it, so it is reproducible. When copy job ends up successful I can also reproduce this successful copy job again.

I do not have those problems on a Windows Machine!

Could there be a problem with my fstab entry? I have no idea where to search for the problem :( and appreciate any help.

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, have you tried using an SMB client on Mint?

DD4711

Contributor
Unfortunately not. I still have this problem. That's very strange.

I'm currently testing little bit. On a FreeNAS volume I have 5 files, first 4 files will copy to my Mint w/o problems. The fifth file always hangs.
-> I have no problems copying file 1-5 via nemo explorer and "connect to Server"-option (sftp://root@freenas/)

Edit:
Tried with dolphin: no problems
Tried with Pcmanfm: same problems

Edit2:
On a second Mint PC same problems

Last edited:

DD4711

Contributor
Im out of ideas :(

seems to be a Linunx MInt problem (maybe in context with FreeNAS).

-> cp, mv using command line does not have this problem, there must be a problem in nemo file manager