Adding usb external drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi everyone I have just recently moved to Freenas 8 having used v7.2 for some time, My set up consists of 4 internal IDE drives all formatted to ufs and a large external usb hard drive (also formatted to ufs) which is used for backing up the 4 internal drives, this is the identical set up I had with v7.2, and it all worked fine however my problem is when I try to import the ext usb drive it attempts to import then ends with the message "an error occurred" or sometimes "disk cannot be verified for this import rule", I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the drive as it worked perfectly in v7.2, I even went as far as installing PC-BSD on my pc so I can read the data and check it out and it mounted no problem and it all seems fine, I'm currently transferring all the data from the drive to my server drives and it transferring over no problem, if it makes any difference I had to install a pci usb card to connect the drive into because if I connected it directly to one of the pc usb ports Freenas would fail to boot up, any help or advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.