Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

SOLVED Adding systems. API key?

dnilgreb

Hi,

I´ve just installed the TrueCommand docker image in a Ubuntu VM running on my TrueNAS Core (12.0-U2).
I started/initiated with this command, from the docs:

Code:
docker run --detach -v “/home/truecommand/truecommand/data” -p 80:80 -p 443:443 ixsystems/truecommand:latest

It starts fine, and I can access the webGUI just fine. So now I want to add a system.
That, it seems, requires a TrueCommand account, and even with an account I can not find any API key without adding a paid license.

According to the website, it is free for managing a total of up to 50 drives, which more than enough in my case.
But how to add my systems, if I haven´t purchased a license?

If anyone knows a way and/or can point me in the right direction, that would be great!

sretalla

Wizened Sage
On your TrueNAS server, in the top right, click the cogwheel and select API Keys... then Add one (if you use 2FA or just don't want to use the root password in TrueCommand).

Now in TrueCommand in the top right of the dashboard click + New System in the top right... enter the IP and a friendly name for the server, then either the root password for that server or the API key you generated.

No need to enter a license key anywhere.

dnilgreb

Thank you, great answer.
Worked!