Adding storage to PLEX Plugin in IOCAGE - 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Locchi

Dabbler
I have been using FreeNas for some 6 years now for my media server. Last week I updated 9.x to 11.2 and all went well with the upgrade, other than Plex.

I re-installed plex in the new iocage and when I went to add storage to the jail, I get the following error when starting the jail:

RuntimeError
mount_nullfs: /mnt/LDATA (/mnt/LDATA) and /mnt/LDATA/iocage/jails/plex/root/media are not distinct paths jail: /sbin/mount -t nullfs -o rw /mnt/LDATA /mnt/LDATA/iocage/jails/plex/root/media: failed

My setup:

1x 40TB ZFS2 volume, 1x Dataset called LDATA.

Inside root of LDATA:

Movies - Windows share
Pictures - Windows share
iocage - Jails / Plugins

My storage is added to the Plex jail as:

/mnt/LDATA to /mnt/LDATA/iocage/jails/plex/root/media

Is this a bug? I read somewhere it was, but just checking with experts. Has anybody found this issue and a fix? or with 11.2 I need a separate volume for cages? If so, how do I achieve this? My server is using all 10 SAS ports to host the 10x4TB HDDs now so it is full.

Thanks for any help.

m0nkey_

MVP
/mnt/LDATA to /mnt/LDATA/iocage/jails/plex/root/media
You cannot do this. LDATA is parent to iocage, it has to be a child dataset to LDATA. For example, /mnt/LDATA/dataset will work, but /mnt/LDATA will not.

marcevan

Patron
Well, when I just did the 11.1U6 to 11.2 I put in Plex Pass and it installed no problem...added storage no problem. Even added the Silicon Dust with antenna and got 44 channels.

Problem: Now, on my Sony Bravia TV with Plex built in, it doesn't have a way to get into TV channels. Keeps showing stuff like Tidal, and Beta products in the discover line.

Status
Not open for further replies.