adding bandwidth limits to cloud sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

oayfer

Cadet
Hello!

I just set up cloud sync with a backblaze account and all is well. This seems like a cron job set up of some specific rclone commands, so I am trying to see how best to add bandwidth limits (ideally ones based on schedules/times of day). I figure there are a few ways to do this:

1) replace the "cloud sync" tasks with regular "cron" tasks that have the right parameters added,

2) find where the cloud sync process creates its cron jobs and add bandwidth parameters,

3) wait for an update that adds this support to the cloud sync function.

What do you all think?

oayfer

Cadet
After digging into how the cloud sync jobs are crafted in the configuration I decided not to mess with those. Removed the cloud sync jobs and added cron jobs that call rclone with a bwlimit string.

Works well enough but I need to add some more logic to prevent starting a new sync job if the last one is still running.

rclarkin

Cadet
I'd love to hear more about what you've done with this, maybe an example after you've tweaked it? I've got the exact same thing that I'd like to do so that I don't max out my bandwidth for backup leaving nothing for other tasks. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.