Adding an SSD, how to config jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pops

Dabbler
Before I try this on my own and muck everything up, I thought I'd ask for guidance in how best to accomplish what I want to do.

My current jail root is mounted on a dataset which shares space with a dataset on the same pool as my business stuff. The jail contains two plugins, Plex and MineOS. I would like to add an SSD to be used strictly for MC. I don't want to put Plex on it, however. As I understand, there can be only one jail root, so how do I incorporate the SSD (which I suppose would be its own pool) and have MineOS use it.

Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Before I try this on my own and muck everything up, I thought I'd ask for guidance in how best to accomplish what I want to do.

My current jail root is mounted on a dataset which shares space with a dataset on the same pool as my business stuff. The jail contains two plugins, Plex and MineOS. I would like to add an SSD to be used strictly for MC. I don't want to put Plex on it, however. As I understand, there can be only one jail root, so how do I incorporate the SSD (which I suppose would be its own pool) and have MineOS use it.

Thanks.
if all you care about speeding up is your minecraft servers, you can create a zpool with the ssd, mount that ssd into the mineos jail somewhere like /mnt/minecraft, then configure mineos' base_directory, which is by default /var/games/minecraft.

Pops

Dabbler
if all you care about speeding up is your minecraft servers, you can create a zpool with the ssd, mount that ssd into the mineos jail somewhere like /mnt/minecraft, then configure mineos' base_directory, which is by default /var/games/minecraft.

I shall try that. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.