SOLVED Adding an image to a post fails

I'm not able to drop an image directly into a post today. See the attached image. Is it just me, or is there a wider problem?

Attachments

• screenshot.162.png
    screenshot.162.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 612

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You're right, the forum won't let me upload an image, but more than that, the Insert Image button didn't work either.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I emailed JoshDW19 this morning about this. He didn't answer me back.

Edit: I went to look at my sent items and I don't see the email in there, so I don't know what happened to that.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I do not get the error in this editor, when clicking the 'insert image' toolbar item. I checked New Style theme, "Default theme" which is not New Style, and My Ganz großes Kino theme. The trouble, is that I misunderstood that image. The message occurs not at the initial click of the toolbar, but when clicking the "drop image" button that is displayed. I also noticed that the upload icon is greyed and seems disabled. My guess is that uploading images is disabled.
25thanniversary.png
The image here is via link, which did work, obviously.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I do not get the error in this editor, when clicking the 'insert image' toolbar item. I checked New Style theme, "Default theme" which is not New Style, and My Ganz großes Kino theme. The trouble, is that I misunderstood that image. The message occurs not at the initial click of the toolbar, but when clicking the "drop image" button that is displayed. I also noticed that the upload icon is greyed and seems disabled. My guess is that uploading images is disabled.
25thanniversary.png
The image here is via link, which did work, obviously.

Control-P, By-URL, https://extranet.www.sol.net/files/freenas/fragmentation/delphix-small.png, Insert. "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Control-P, By-URL, https://extranet.www.sol.net/files/freenas/fragmentation/delphix-small.png, Insert. "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."
Definitely peculiar that only one specific method seems to work which makes it seem like a bug or incompatibility or something instead of just a config change. The admin logs require super admin or I could have peeked to see if anything was changed recently. I doubt anything else would have caused this. It isnt unique to a user, a browser, or theme. If I looked at the XenForo "addons" or configurations of those addons, it wouldn't be of much help since I don't know what the prior settings were or prior version had been. I would expect both such changes to be in the admin log.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
goodnewseveryone[1].png

And it's good, for a change!