Adding 3rd-party enclosure to UI?

Anaerin

Cadet
I've got an IBM x3650 M3, and I'd love to have an enclosure view for it, like the iXSystems ones do. Is there something I can tweak or add to have this work?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Not at this time. Generic enclosure management would require a way to manage the huge range of potential chassis, motherboards, controllers, drives, wiring choices.

Currently, each enclosure requires a custom implementation and test process... this is then maintained via testing each system with each release.

slize26

Cadet
It would be super helpful to just have a generic image for a 1u, 2u, 3u and 4u case like the one below where we can manually assign the drives connected/detected by TrueNas to a slot. Than TrueNas can highlight them by pool/fault state as in the image below. The multi box setup could also be manually maintained by adding additional boxes to the setup. We dont need to know the number of SAS Expanders. This would eleminate the need for seperate spread sheets if you want to keep track of you disk locations. A bit more advanced would be a case builder whe we can drag and drop the slots to an empty box (vertically/horizontally) but i assume that this would be a lot more work to implement.

Additionally the Temperature Sensor tab would also be helpful but is not as important as the disks view.

Is there any way we can implement this into the UI ourselves? Like adding a new tab to the navigation and writing a code for the page?

1657801449408.png

R-Graphic.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
It's even difficult to get our own IX platforms right.
If someone (developer) has a useful idea for a generic view....we're open to ideas and contributions.
Please make a jira suggestion.

jct

Explorer
Honestly, given the alternative I'd be satisfied with the plaintext output of sesutil show. Maybe behind a teaser/disclaimer and disclosure button?

[suggested to Jira in NAS-118160]

Last edited: