Add directory to periodic snapshot/replication

NasKar

Guru
I have periodic snapshot for my pool v1 that is replicated to another freenas box. I've made some changes to nextcloud storage using @danb35 nextcloud script. My current backup has the db and files directory but not the config and themes directory.
1) If my snapshot is for my entire pool v1 recursively, why did the config and theme directory not get added automatically to the replication?
2) How do I add the config and theme directory to the periodic snapshot/replication without breaking the current replication and having to start from scratch?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
my snapshot is for my entire pool v1 recursively
How are you assessing that the directory is not in the snapshot?

NasKar

Guru

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so which dataset is the parent of that directory?

NasKar

Guru
nextcloud is the parent.
Setup is pool v1
so source is /mnt/v1/nextcloud with subdirectories of config, db, files, themes. Nextcloud is the dataset as well as the db and files directory. config and themes are regular directories not datasets. The periodic snapshot is v1 recursive with exceptions for the iocage directory. So I would assume if a new directory is created under /mnt/v1/nextcloud it would get replicated to the backup.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
So I would assume if a new directory is created under /mnt/v1/nextcloud it would get replicated to the backup.
I agree, that should be happening.

Are you sure you're mounting the filesystem and not an older snapshot on the backup server?

NasKar

Guru
Are you sure you're mounting the filesystem and not an older snapshot on the backup server?
Not sure how to check that.
In the past I had a problem with directories not showing up until I rebooted the backup server. That resolved after I started from scratch and redid the periodic snapshot and replication. BTW I just reboot the backup server and the files are still missing.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
zfs list will show you what's mounted where...

NasKar

Guru
zfs list shows
/tank/super/nextcloud
/tank/super/nextcloud/files
/tank/super/nextcloud/db
Those are all datasets so I presume they would show up. Regular directories wouldn't show up with zfs list

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Regular directories wouldn't show up with zfs list
Correct.

so now the question is going to be does your replication work...

NasKar

Guru
all the directories/datasets that were present at the time the snapshot and replication were created are working.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
So it worked at least once... are you sure it still works?

NasKar

Guru
Yes it is still replicating files/directories that are being add except in the /mnt/v1/nextcloud directory? Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the nextcloud/db and nextcloud/files dir are datasets but the nextcloud/config and nextcloud/themes are not? ie. some of the child directories to nextcloud are datasets and some are not.
Code:
ls -l /mnt/v1/nextcloud/
total 36
drwxr-xr-x   2 www  www   5 Jul  4 16:51 config
drwxr-xr-x   6 88   88   14 May  3 11:11 db
drwxrwx---  17 www  www  23 May  2 17:44 files
drwxr-xr-x   3 www  www   4 Jul  4 16:50 themes

sretalla