AD sync works, still having permissions issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustacean

Dabbler
I managed to get freenas to sync with my domain controller, and i even went through and changed the permissions/ownership on the folders id like to access using chown, then used chmod to set the correct permissions. I set the owner of the folder id like to access to DOMAIN\user and the group to DOMAIN\domain admins. The user account im working with is part of the domain admin group.

When i run ls -lah, i can see the owner and group are set correctly, but i still cant access the folder. I cant even look at it, let alone make changes.

The administrator account on my server can access the folder IF i set the owner to DOMAIN\administrator. The administrator account is also a domain admin account though, so really it should be able to access the folder no matter the owner (as long as the group is domain admins, which is is). Anyway, freenas permissions have stumped me yet again. I've done quite a bit of reading to no avail. Help is appreciated :D

also: i remember seeing the information from my domain in one of freenas' drop down menus, so im sure it was imported. However, none of it shows up under "users" in the web gui. Im sure thats normal, but i figured id throw it in.

D

dlavigne

It's worth upgrading to 9.2.1.5 to see if it is resolved. There was a ton of AD/CIFS fixes in the 9.2.1.x series.

Crustacean

Dabbler
It took me a bit, but i tried upgrading to 9.2.1.5. Still doesnt help. I dont understand why i cant access the volume from my machine. I can see \\freenas (/mnt) but cannot write files. I have absolutely no access to \\freenas\volume_name (/mnt/volume_name).

I've attached an image of the output of ls -lah. I ran it at /mnt/volume_name.
My domain name is in pink on the left. The account im trying to connect to is a member of both the domain admins and the administrators group.

Am i overlooking something?

Edit: I even went in and changed the permissions for the volume to 777, and windows explorer is still asking me for a password when i try to access \\freenas\volume_name. Even when i enter the administrator password, it says access denied

Attachments

• freenas.JPG
    freenas.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 292
Status
Not open for further replies.