Active Directory Users not showing up

New to TrueNAS.

Have it all working, dataset exists, gave myself regular ACL permissions, created share, tested getting to the share, can see it, all working.

Entered settings for AD and enabled. In Tasks getting green checkmark with AD syncing.

But when I try and change the permissions to a AD user they aren't in the drop down list. I type domain\username and click save and then get an "uid not an integer error". So its obviously not getting a list of the AD users.

Going to leave it and try again tomorrow. :) Can't see where I'm going wrong.

I remember going thru this and recently told someone else this and they said it didnt work, but the users in my experience take a few seconds to show up in the drop down list. Try leaving that list open for several seconds and they appear at the bottom if memory serves.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I redid everything from scratch, good practice. Haven't reenabled the AD syncing yet. Just getting regular accounts working and seeing how they work.

The weird thing is before I reset everything I tried setting up a regular account and connected to the share. It wouldn't let me browse the NAS unless I used my AD credentials even though I don't get list of AD users so couldn't give permissions for the AD user, but then the share I had to login as the NAS account. :) I'm guessing to browse the NAS its asking AD to authenticate. So that part was working, it just wouldn't populate the AD users.

I'll post back here is I find a solution in case its useful for others.

I remember going thru this and recently told someone else this and they said it didnt work, but the users in my experience take a few seconds to show up in the drop down list. Try leaving that list open for several seconds and they appear at the bottom if memory serves.