Accidentally formatted iSCSI drive on Windows Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irwandy Zeman

Hi,

I installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.7. Works fine until I upgraded it to 9.3.
I cannot access the web admin interface but the iSCSI drive can still be accessed from my Windows 2008 server.

So I decided to install FreeNAS 9.3 from fresh and upload the configuration from my backup.
The problem occured again, I cannot access the web admin interface after I uploaded the backup configuration, but the iSCSI drive still works.

So I decided to reinstall FreeNAS 9.3 from fresh again.
I tried to create iSCSI from start with different names & details, then I have to re-initiate the iSCSI in Windows 2008 server.

But, when it successfully connected, the Windows server ask me to re-create the partition??
So I just go with the flow and now I have a 'blank' iSCSI drive. Nothing inside after it was quickly formatted.

Please help me getting the data back.

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
If you had any ZFS snapshots configured/done, reverting to one of them should be trivial. Otherwise the only hope is that when you "start with different names & details" you've created new backing zvol/file, while old may be still lying somewhere around. But if not -- that is a problem.

I

Irwandy Zeman

If I rename the iSCSI target on my FreeNAS server, then I initiate/connect to it from Windows Server, will the Windows Server always going to detect it as new/fresh drive without filesystem?

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
If I rename the iSCSI target on my FreeNAS server, then I initiate/connect to it from Windows Server, will the Windows Server always going to detect it as new/fresh drive without filesystem?
Why would it do so? It may say that drive is offline, but after onlining it it should see content.

Status
Not open for further replies.