SOLVED FreeNAS iSCSI - Windows Backup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdebattista

Cadet
Hi All,

I currently have a FreeNAS Server (FreeNAS Mini from ixsystems) which I am currently using as a backup server.
The FreeNAS mini is running version 9.10.2-U6 and is using iSCSI to supply a number of targets. My servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2 and are using the targets as Backup Drives.

This setup has been working for a number of years, until I updated FreeNAS from 9.3 to 9.10.
Now it works for a few days and eventually Windows Server Backup will fail with an access denied error. Restarting the FreeNAS server fixes the issue for another few days, until it reappears.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something. From where can I start troubleshooting this issue?

Regards,
Reuben.

Artion

Patron
Hi, how much space do you have in your pool? Was the zvol thin or thick provisioned? As an iXsystems customer, have you tried contacting them?

Last edited by a moderator:

rdebattista

Cadet
Hi, how much space do you have in your pool? Was the zvol thin or thick provisioned? As an iXsystems customer, have you tried contacting them?
No I have not contacted iXsystems yet. The pool has 2.7TB of available space and the zvol i think is thick provisioned however i am not 100% on this.

rdebattista

Cadet
This issue seems to be resolved. The iSCSI shares were being scanned by an anti virus application during the same time that the backup was taking place.

Adding the iSCSI shares to an exception list seems to have did the trick.

Thank you.

Artion

Patron
Well done. can you mark this as Solved. look at my signature on how. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.