Access Truenas scale UI with nginx

marc_prx

Cadet
Hello,

I'm new to using TrueNAS SCALE and I want to access my TrueNAS UI from other networks using my subdomain. I've set up Nginx Proxy Manager and created a Proxy Host that takes my domain name and points it to my local IP and port. However, when I try to access it, I encounter the following page:
1704965996603.png

I think the issue might be that I haven't set up the "Trust Domain" in my UI, but I can't find where to do this.

I've found a lot of posts about setting up NextCloud, but none about the TrueNAS UI.

I'm using TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.
Thank's for your help.

BookBot

Cadet
I have the same issue as well, I am trying to set this up on my local network for my family who would not want to type in ip addresses and also deal with self-signed certificates.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I haven't tried it with Nginx Proxy Manager (too many horror stories about that on the Let's Encrypt forums; it's a nightmare to troubleshoot when cert creation/renewal doesn't work), but using Traefik from TrueCharts it works fine for me:

If you don't want to use TrueCharts, this might at least give you some idea of where the issue is.
I think the issue might be that I haven't set up the "Trust Domain" in my UI, but I can't find where to do this.
I don't believe there's any such setting in the TrueNAS UI.

marc_prx

Cadet
Well, after spending some time trying, I finally found the solution!

When you create a new Proxy Host to redirect to the TrueNAS UI, you need to enable "WebSockets".

But Nginx is definitely a mess... As Dabn35 said, I will try with Traefik.