Access Denied on one folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedig

Cadet
Hello all, soryr if this is in the wrong area of the forum, but I think it's right!

Okay so I have set up FREENAS on an old laptop and have a ZFS pool for music and films that I have.
I have set up a guest account with no password, and changed all the settings to allow people to access the share without authentication.

Generally the server is accessed only via Windows but there is a Mac or two that may use it, but the CIFS share works perfectly fine.

My issue is that after accessing the share from my windows PC in order to do some folder management I have encountered one folder that I am not allowed to do anything to.

I simply want to move the folder and its contents to a different directory, but I keep getting access denied, which is the first time I have encountered this on the share, all other items are fine.

I can't even delete said folder, upon trying to delete I get the error message 'You require permission from FREENAS\moedig to make cahnges to this file'

Now i deleted the user moedig and group from the server, but the admin is called moedig.

Not sure what to do! nothing I have tried seems to work :(

I'm fairly new to all this linux server stuff so I'm not even sure where to start in shell to try and sudo the directory move.

p.s I have set permissions of the volume mnt/Movies (the root directory of the pool) to be owned by group and user 'guest', although this changed nothing...

All help appreciated, sorry if any of this is unclear, ask and I will try to clarify.

Thanks!

Moedig

LKCHR

Cadet
Hello Moedig

Have you found a solution? I have a similar issue

Lars

c4rp3d13m

Dabbler
Before you can do anything with the file/folder in the shared directory, user must have permission to that file/folder

How to: Setting Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.