a docker newb is failing to update the server

JonathanTX

Dabbler
so admittedly, i dont know the first thing about docker, and truecommand running on debian as docker is my first first-hand exposure to docker.

i am stuck on middleware 2.0.2-20210816 and am experiencing an API bug that ive read the fix has been merged into the nightly. ive pulled the nightly, but when i run

docker ps

i still see "ixsystems/truecommand:latest". i cannot find documentation the definitively tells me the steps to succesfully update my configuration, could anyone point me in the right direction?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
depending on how you ran it in the first place...

If you still have the "docker run" run statement you used and you gave it the necessary -v options to put your config somewhere outside the container...

You can docker rm truecommand (first having stopped that container and possibly changed the container name to match what you called yours).

docker pull ... (specifying the right one to get the nightly)

Then use your docker run again like originally... so the container re-creates and runs the pulled version.

All that being a complete waste of time if you were running it using charts, since you could just update or redeploy it with kubernetes.

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If you are not on SCALE but on a manually installed Linux/Docker machine, you might want to try an auto-updating Docker-Compose based solution:

If you are on SCALE, the easiest way is definitely to ativate the TrueCharts catalog and deploy their TrueCommand app: