A belated 'Hi everyone'

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bohs Hansen

Think it's about time I make a little post here and tell a bit about myself. I'm retired and somewhat of a geek - and I'm proud of that. :)

I grew up with DOS, batch files and basic programs - what a time. Got limited *nix experience (Some OpenBSD and some QNAP linux build), but still more then most newcomers.
Still lots to learn in this area, but I'm sucking up as much as I can. Usually I just need to be pointed in the right direction and I figure out most myself. But I learn best by studying other peoples work.

My main area is GUI design, may it be for programs or websites. I early found out that most programmers have no idea how to create a UI that can be used by normal users that don't have the backgrounds on the code build up.
Having fun designing some websites atm. for my dad's company, but besides that I don't have any serious projects going in that area.
Got a couple win applications on ice, but no desire to work on them as it is now.

NAS':
2 QNAP, a TS-209 II (storage) and a TS-110 (web and mail).
Old spare P4 dualcore with FreeNAS 0.7 as test and fun.
New FreeNAS 8 Zacate build as already known by those been around the forum.
Sun Fire V65X on route .... plans for this besides ownership: unknown :)

I got a little blog about my NAS' (as seen in my signature) where I post now and then. It comes more in periods then a constant stream, and you might not care or agree with it - that's your choice. I'll keep posting as long as it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.