9.3 keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerh

Guru
sorry, duplicate

rogerh

Guru
Unfortunately the Asus P9D-I board does not have four-sided sockets, but the old DIL socket... building my own circuits, I tend to add some epoxy-clue after mounting the DIL chip... Asus should have done the same, or use better sockets :(
Haven't seen those on a motherboard since about 1995! And then it was big, 32 pin ones.

ElchQ

Dabbler
the crappy one.. cheapest you can find... I doubt I will put my hands on an asus board again... Next I am going with might be a Supermicro... Eric just put oil to the fire telling me about the Xeon-D :)

ElchQ

Dabbler
Roger, you might understand that I dont want to disassamble the whole board again, just to shoot a picture? ;)

rogerh

Guru
I could well do without seeing them again. Definitely puts me off Asus boards. I thought nowadays BIOS chips were all soldered - who programs them in a separate machine?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
the crappy one.. cheapest you can find...

Here's your problem. I use only turned pins ones, no need for epoxy ;)

However I'm a bit surprised to see that Asus chose the crappy ones, it's a good MB brand usually.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I could well do without seeing them again. Definitely puts me off Asus boards. I thought nowadays BIOS chips were all soldered - who programs them in a separate machine?
No, many boards still come with socketed BIOS chips, mostly to reduce trouble after a failed BIOS flash (though I've never actually seen such a thing happening).

Some even include two socketed BIOS chips. Now that is paranoia!

Status
Not open for further replies.