Help installing 9.3 from a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumdogs

Cadet
Hi -

I really hope someone can help. I'm looking for the full (not upgrade) .img.xz file for FreeNAS 9.3 or similar, to allow me to do a clean install on Mac. I'm wanting to achieve something like this.

To cut a very long story short, I'd just set up an N54L with 9.2.1.9 then upgraded to 9.3 using the web GUI. Stupidly, I was getting annoyed by the amber light regarding the ZFS Pool update (I'm new to this and had no idea what it meant), so as it was a brand new set up I thought I'll never need to go back to pre-9.3, and ignored the warnings.

Then something got corrupted regarding Jails, so I decided to wipe everything and start again. Using the same USB stick, I reinstalled 9.2.1.9 over it, and there I've been stuck - nothing will boot now because of the ZFS Pool thing. As a result, I can't upgrade again to 9.3 to get things back to normal.

So, can anyone help with me creating a brand new bootable 9.3 USB from a Mac? (This ISO download doesn't work).

Thank you in advance for any help. And apologies for making such a rookie mistake.

mjws00

Guru

slumdogs

Cadet
Thank you. I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I'm back up and running under 9.3 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.