9.2.1.1 Database Update Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartynW

Dabbler
Hi All,

It looks like I have the similar bug as this guy https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4118

What I did to get to where I am is upgrade from something like 9.1.x to 9.2.1 only to find all my CIFS shares didn't work. So I then downgraded to 9.2.0. Just now I've tried twice to upgrade to 9.2.1.1 and noticed the Database Upgrade Failed notice in the console.

My table looks like this

oryot@freenas /data]# sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db ".schema services_activedirec"

CREATE TABLE "services_activedirectory" ("ad_gcname" varchar(120) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', "ad_use_default_domain" bool NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, "ad_workgroup" varchar(120) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', "ad_netbiosname" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_unix_extensions" bool NOT NULL DEFA ULT 0, "ad_timeout" integer NOT NULL DEFAULT 10, "ad_domainname" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "id" integer PRIMARY KEY, "ad_bindname" varc har(120) NOT NULL, "ad_kpwdname" varchar(120) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', "ad_krbname" varchar(120) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', "ad_keytab" text N ULL, "ad_bindpw" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_dns_timeout" integer NOT NULL DEFAULT 10, "ad_allow_trusted_doms" bool NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, "ad_verbose_logging" bool NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, "ad_use_keytab" bool NOT NULL, "ad_dcname" varchar(120) NOT NULL DEFAULT '');

So I guess my options are, as this bug reports to start from fresh and try and import the config and volumes? I notice the bug states " Target is 9.2.3 BETA"

Now, does this mean this will be fixed in a coming release? If so I'm happier to wait for a fix?

phoenix

Explorer
So I guess my options are, as this bug reports to start from fresh and try and import the config and volumes? I notice the bug states " Target is 9.2.3 BETA"

Now, does this mean this will be fixed in a coming release? If so I'm happier to wait for a fix?
Yes, that's what it means but as with all software development it's not guaranteed to meet that target - but the FreeNAS developers are very good at meeting their targets. :)

MartynW

Dabbler
Thanks Bill, I'm a developer as well so fully understand.

I'll sit tight and weight for a potential fix. If the FreeNAS developers want any info on the state of my DB in order to help with the problem I'm happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.