9.10 Nightlies P21 LSI firmware warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Keller

Explorer
I recently updated within 9.10 Nightlies, and I'm receiving this warning in the GUI...

WARNING: July 16, 2016, 2:55 p.m. - Firmware version 20 does not match driver version 21 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P21 IT firmware.

However, P21 doesn't appear to exist on Avago's site, just 20.00.07.00 (which ironically has a date of a month prior to 20.00.06.00, but that one is archived and this one is current, which would indicate to me a rollback of some sort).

I couldn't find any posts regarding this recently in my searches, so figured I'd put it out there. Anyone else seeing this/have a solution?

D

dlavigne

Any particular reason you are running the nightlies? They contain untested fixes.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
P21, huh.

Well, for now, advice really is "don't run the nightlies unless you know exactly what you're doing".

Also, this could be a bug due to how SAS3 controllers are handled (the firmware is one version behind the driver, got mysterious reasons).

Jason Keller

Explorer
Thanks guys - I started on the nightlies to get access to newer drivers and such for testing (this is for the most part a lab environment). I tried to roll back to stable, but GUI is saying it considers it a downgrade and refuses to do so (and I don't have a BE available, as I started on nightlies back in 9.3). I also figured it's a bit of a blood/sweat contribution to FreeNAS, the more people that run the nightlies for testing the more bugs get revealed.

Right now it doesn't appear that I'm suffering any other ill consequences aside from the ominous warning bubble, so I will likely just leave it for the time being, just wanted to bring it to attention so someone knows.

kdbaumann

Explorer
I am not running the nightlies and yet I am getting this same alert.. Why are they going to force V21 when that doesn't exist? Makes me feel really secure putting customer data on this....

Found additional info. Ignore. Understand to silence and eventually this will be addressed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.