6th gen i3 - 10gbE+ capable? what would be the bottleneck?

NOTORIOUS VR

Cadet
I've been toying with the idea to revamp my home server and storage situation. Currently from an AIO box (dual V2 Xeon's w/ 128GB Ram, Passed though HBA and 800GB P3700, etc) that connects to another box with just disks, PSU and Dell expander for main storage needs (media, some of the VM's, etc).

I'm thinking to turn my JBOD box into a bare metal TN box instead of keeping TN virtualized. I currently have all my servers, main workstation, etc. connected via 10GbE (all intel cards, through an Edgeswtich XG 16) and was curious to know if anyone has practical experience with 10GbE performance on a i3-6100T CPU with of course max. 64 GB ECC RAM?

While I realize my spinning rust isn't going to saturate it, I am looking to be able to feed my VM's with the fastest speeds possible (they're currently running on 4x 1TB in Mirrored pairs w/ the P3700 as a Cache attached) and eventually migrating some of my spinning rust (non media) to SSD's when the price is right (5x Z1 vDEV).

Am I fooling myself in thinking this little i3 would be able to hack 10GbE (or even 25Gbe eventually)? Would it even be my bottle neck or would it be elsewhere?

I'm not planning on running any major docker containers, no Plex, transcoding or anything else. Really it should just be for TN itself.

Or should I buy once cry once as they say and go for something more headroom - although if suggestions are made I am looking for something that will not draw too much power - even though I know my 15x spinning rust plus 8 SSD's already account for more than the CPU and Mobo. probably).