3 Months, no downtime, Thanks FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewH

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS Community

I was just checking the stats for today and noticed that our Uptime got to 90 days 1hour ago. Screenshot from 2018-04-18 09-46-42.png

Because I never expected it to work so well without any issues since the last time, I just want to thank the Developers and the Community with all the info and suggestions that got us here. We've moved to FreeNAS from a small QNAP unit in late summer of last year. Learned quite a lot of stuff on the way, but since 3 Months ago, when updates were acting up, we haven't had to touch the NAS to do almost anything with it. So I'm obviously quite happy with how well it has been working.

So Thanks again for a good product.

m0nkey_

MVP
FreeNAS is incredibly stable if you don't touch it. Keep going ;)
Code:
[root@tardis] ~# uptime
 6:32AM  up 236 days, 13:28, 1 user, load averages: 0.39, 0.35, 0.26

FreeNAS is incredibly stable if you don't touch it. Keep going ;)
Code:
[root@tardis] ~# uptime
 6:32AM  up 236 days, 13:28, 1 user, load averages: 0.39, 0.35, 0.26

I'd love to post my uptime too but I'm in mine ever so often lol hopefully next time I'll be able to max out the ram :)

@AndrewH It always good to hear success stories what version are you running?

AndrewH

Dabbler
I'd love to post my uptime too but I'm in mine ever so often lol hopefully next time I'll be able to max out the ram :)

@AndrewH It always good to hear success stories what version are you running?

I wanted to upgrade in january because of the whole meltdown and stuff, which crashed the entire thing when going from 11.0-U2 to 11.1 . I and many others seemed to have a lot of problems with the upgrade.

I eventually reinstalled 11.0-U2 which was working great, set everithing back up, user, groups, VMs and such, and it has been working flawlesly since then. I'm not planing on touching it any longer. Maybe at some point I'll do a complete upgrade/reinstall with restoring settings from backup file. That failed update tought me quite a lot of things about how freeNAS works with updated and how best to update(basically do a full reinstall and restore the settings db).

I've done multiple updates without any problems but I'm never on the cutting edge and I don't update unless there is a feature I want that's why I'm still on 11.0-U4. I'm planning on getting 11.1-U5 because the scrub improvements look interesting but I will wait until I've tested it on another machine and I don't hear about anymore random reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.