2U Rackmount 8 Bay Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroji

Contributor
Looking at the pictures for the 440, I am not sure if the board uses standard ATX connectors or not. I understand it is 5U case. My plan is to transplant the board, CPU and controller card into a 2U rackmount chassis if that's possible. Maybe the PSU as well. It just seems very cheap for what it offers. E3 1245 V3, ECC support, LSI 9240-i8, C226 motherboard (I think mATX) and a 450W power supply. All of which is around $400. Just buying the CPU and Supermicro/ASRock motherboard would be over 400.

RichTJ99

Patron
Did you end up with a 2U server chassis? I am on the fence on buying one myself but I do not want it to be loud. I did score a full size enclosed rack a few years ago & it is in my basement.

I am on the fence on putting my build into a full sized case or a rack.

GrumpyBear

Contributor
Did you end up with a 2U server chassis? I am on the fence on buying one myself but I do not want it to be loud. I did score a full size enclosed rack a few years ago & it is in my basement.

I am on the fence on putting my build into a full sized case or a rack.
or hedge your bets and go for a 4U convertible tower/rack model the SUPERMICRO SuperChassis CSE-743T-665B can be had at reasonable prices new and there are other options out there but you will have to change the fans and play around with the cooling.

How many Disks? What CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.